Our Growing Family: Adopting from Haiti

Adoption...it is an exciting and yet somewhat frightening path to follow. I've decided to create a blog to describe this journey for several reasons: to document our adoption process, to help others who may have some of the same questions and concerns that we have or once had, and to share our experiences with our friends and family.

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord." --Romans 12:11

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Preparing for Judson's arrival

Preparing for Judson's arrival has been fun. I painted his room this brilliant blue color and put up a Haitian Tap-Tap on the wall. It looks exactly as I hoped it would. Then today I purchased a car seat at a garage sale. I found a really nice one that I couldn't pass up. The lady who sold it to me has two adoptive children of her own, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I haven't put up a crib yet or done too much shopping for baby stuff because I want to make sure that Judson's actually going to get the medical visa before I do too much. It looks good from what I've been told. And I'm praying for June 15, 2010, but the timing is all in God's hands, and I have peace about that.

These verses from James 1 have been my comfort and strength this week:  "...count it all joy to you when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

Our Father knows exactly the words of encouragement we need in times of trials. My friends, turn to Him when life gets difficult or worrisome and let Him lead you.

Love Always,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment