Our Growing Family: Adopting from Haiti

Adoption...it is an exciting and yet somewhat frightening path to follow. I've decided to create a blog to describe this journey for several reasons: to document our adoption process, to help others who may have some of the same questions and concerns that we have or once had, and to share our experiences with our friends and family.

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord." --Romans 12:11

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time to start the medical visa

I heard from Dr. Bernard today at New Life Link. I absolutely love it when he refers to Judson (this is the correct spelling ) as "your son." Yes, he is my son, even if he's not living in our home yet, and I miss him so much. Dr. B. said that he will do everything he can to assist us with the medical visa; however, it has to be us pushing for this visa to happen because there isn't much he can do on his end. Doctors, congressmen, senators--these are the people who may be able to sway USCIS to bring him home quickly. But God is bigger than all of them together.

This is my prayer:
Father God, I know your timing is perfect, but you tell us in your Word to bring all things to you in prayer. Therefore, I'm asking that if it is your will, please give us wisdom and guidance as to how to bring Judson home quickly so he can have the surgery he needs and bond with our family. I pray for favor with the government officials and expediancy with the necessay paperwork. I ask this in the name of Jesus, Amen.

God has been at work in this adoption from the beginning, and I trust Him to bring Judson home.

No comments:

Post a Comment