Our Growing Family: Adopting from Haiti

Adoption...it is an exciting and yet somewhat frightening path to follow. I've decided to create a blog to describe this journey for several reasons: to document our adoption process, to help others who may have some of the same questions and concerns that we have or once had, and to share our experiences with our friends and family.

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord." --Romans 12:11

Sunday, April 18, 2010

News on the medical visa

God is so faithful and His timing and His will are perfect. I just need to hold on to this truth every single day. When I have no words to say or my tears just say it all, He is there for me. Some days lately I don't know how I'm going to get through another day knowing that my child is in an orphanage, lying in a bed, having a difficult time eating and gaining weight. But God is with him and God is faithful.

This week I've seen miracles happen. I've seen our paperwork that should have taken months pass through the Haitian consulate in a matter of hours. God is in this adoption.

Today I received an email from our contact in Haiti. She works in obtaining medical visas for Haitian children and has graciously offered to help us obtain a medical visa for Judson, but she's not sure if it's possible. There are two obstacles that we need to overcome, and if we do, he should be able to come here for the surgery. First we have to check with hospitals in Haiti to find out if the procedure can be done there. If it can, then he stays in Haiti for the surgery, but if not, he can come to the U.S. She is going to work on finding this information for us this week.

Second, we need to find a doctor and hospital willing to donate the procedure. She said this is my homework this week. I don't even know where to begin, but I have wonderful Christian friends in the medical field, and I will be relying on them a lot to get us through this part.

Once he is here, it is uncertain if he will be able to stay or if he will need to return to the orphanage after he is healed. But that is not my main concern right now.

My friends, I'm asking you to pray for Judson: pray that he is able to come here to the U.S., to his home, for this surgery and his healing; pray for favor with the Haitian government in obtaining this visa.
Thank you. We appreciate your love & support.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you don't know me, but I found your blog through my sister-in-law who just got back from Haiti and spent a lot of time holding your son and loving on him. She fell in love with him while she was there. Was so glad to see that your family are believers and that Judson will grow up in a Godly home. Saw that you are in WI - where in WI? We spent 2 years at the New Tribes Bible Institute. Wondering if we have mutual acquaintances... We are currently missionaries in the Philippines. Anyway, just wanted to let you know we are excited with you guys and praying for you as you go through the adoption process. If you want to check out our blog at www.sjhagen.blogspot.com, there is an email link there.

    ReplyDelete