Our Growing Family: Adopting from Haiti

Adoption...it is an exciting and yet somewhat frightening path to follow. I've decided to create a blog to describe this journey for several reasons: to document our adoption process, to help others who may have some of the same questions and concerns that we have or once had, and to share our experiences with our friends and family.

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord." --Romans 12:11

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chugging Along...

I cannot believe we leave for Haiti in a little over three weeks. No this is not to get our child (I wish!), but rather to work at the orphanage--a one week mission trip. I keep hoping the God will make a way for us to meet our son, but I also know that that is unlikely at this time. Dr. Bernard, the orphanage director, said it's not impossible to have a referral done before the final paperwork arrives, but it's not recommended. Either way I'm going to hug and kiss each little guy and take lots of pictures!!

As far as the paperwork, it is coming along really well. We are nearly finished with the homestudy, and before I leave for Haiti, all the documents should be gathered for our dossier. God willing they will be sent off to the Secretary of State for Apostille before we leave. It should not be long before the paperwork is complete and the REAL waiting begins. But I try to think of it as an opportunity for the Lord to refine my character and make me a more patient person. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment