Our Growing Family: Adopting from Haiti

Adoption...it is an exciting and yet somewhat frightening path to follow. I've decided to create a blog to describe this journey for several reasons: to document our adoption process, to help others who may have some of the same questions and concerns that we have or once had, and to share our experiences with our friends and family.

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord." --Romans 12:11

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Serving Christ on the mission field

The other day someone asked me how man mission trips I’ve been on. I couldn’t tell her because I’ve lost count, and I know Jerry’s numbers are different than mine, as we don’t always go at the same time due to our children and their schedules and needs. But today I sat down to figure it out, and this is what I came up with, but to be honest there could be a trip or two that I’ve forgotten about or that has blended in with another one in my memory. Here goes: Our first trip was to the Dominican Republic (DR) in 2004; we also went there in 2005, 2007, and 2009. Now Jerry has been there since that, but I think 2009 was my last trip to the DR. My first time in Haiti was in 2006; then again in 2009 and twice in 2010. Rozii and Jerry have been in Haiti since I have, and Jerry will again leave for Haiti in October. We also took a team to Venezuela; I think that was in 2008, and we also took a team to Biloxi, Mississippi eight months after Hurricane Katrina. If I’m not forgetting anything, that is 10 mission trips. WOW! That is amazing. God is so good and  so faithful! I feel blessed to be used by my Father in this way. Each time we head out to serve I’m awed by Him. I could not imagine my life without my faith, without the joy and peace it gives me each day. I love the Lord, and it’s my heart’s desire to serve Him in whatever way he calls me.

If you've never been on a mission trip or would like to learn more about missions opportunities, please contact me. God bless!
Love Always,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment